This page covers myUCI.net websites and any associated content including, but not limited to: email, RSS, support, community answers, advice ticket system. Please read this page carefully before proceeding to access any features of myUCI.net. By using our website and its resources, you acknowledge reading and accepting the Terms in effect.
Use of Material
You may access and display material and any other content on myUCI.net for non-commercial, personal use on any computer. The material and any other content on our website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used in any way unless specifically authorized by myUCI.net. Any authorization to copy material granted is restricted to making a single copy of non-commercial, personal use and is subject to your keeping intact all proprietary notices. Using any material or other website resource, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on myUCI.net into a readable form in order to examine construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is prohibited.
- This website contains materials which is created and owned by us. This material includes, but not limited to, certain design and content. Reproduction without credit is prohibited.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or any subsequent product. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Limitation of Liability
myUCI.net does not accept or assume any liability for any loss or damage (direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or otherwise) resulting from the use of any of, or inability to use, myUCI.net or the material, information, software, facilities, resources, services or other content on myUCI.net, regardless of the basis upon which liability is claimed and even if myUCI.net has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Without limitation, you (and not myUCI.net or any of its partner websites) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction in the event of any such loss or damage arising. If applicable law does not allow all or any part of the above limitation of liability to apply to you, the limitations will apply to you only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Claims of Infringement
All articles, images, and other works that appear on myUCI.net are either submitted to myUCI.net via staff or user upload, or are readily available in various places on the internet and believed to be in the public domain. Articles, images, and other works posted are believed to be posted within our rights according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code.) If you are a copyright owner of an article, image, or other work that appears on myUCI.net, please email us with a link to the article, image, or otherwise and we will remove it immediately.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement
A proper DMCA Notice will notify myUCI.net of particular facts in a document signed under penalty of perjury and delivered to myUCI.net’s Designated Agent. To write a proper Notice, you must provide the following information, the list of which comes directly from the DMCA Statute:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
When filing an infringement claim, please include any URLs identifying the allegedly infringing material along with any other information that might assist the myUCI.net Agent’s investigation of your claim. If the material originates from another website and you believe that myUCI.net has cached that material, then confirm any of the following that apply:
- the material has been removed from the originating site;
- access to the material on the originating site has been disabled;
- a court has ordered that the material be removed from the originating site; and/or
- a court has ordered that access to the material on the originating site be disabled.
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay in processing the DMCA Notification. If you materially misrepresent that any material infringes your copyright interest, you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorney’s fees, and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
Deliver this Notice with all items completed to myUCI.net’s Designated Copyright Agent by email at
Upon receipt of a valid claim, myUCI.net will follow the procedures provided in the DMCA which prescribe a notice and take down procedure, subject to the user’s or webmaster’s right to submit a Counter-Notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works. myUCI.net will have the disputed material removed from public view. myUCI.net will also notify the user or webmaster who posted the allegedly infringing material that has been removed or disable access to that material.
Last modified: October 2, 2012